Thank you for choosing us as your Outdoor School destination! We’re excited for your arrival.
To make your trip run as smooth as possible, please take a minute to familiarize yourself with the planning information on this page, in its entirety, as soon as you’ve booked your Outdoor School trip.
If you have any questions, please contact our Groups & Scheduling Manager.
Planning documents by type:
We are discontinuing use of the PAPER version of our Medical Forms, and transitioning to Electronic Forms.
More information about electronic medical forms
This will be a Google Form, and easily sendable to your student families and adult chaperones via a link. And, can easily be completed using various devices – computer, phone, ipad, etc. over WiFi or cellular data connections.
In addition, if needed, users have the option to translate the page to their native language. You, as the teacher, will have access to the list of students (and chaperones) that have completed the form. In addition, you’ll be able to go through the compiled information, and enter in the student and chaperone letter group assignments.
All forms must be completed by the MONDAY OF THE WEEK PRIOR TO your trip (appr 7-10 days before your trip). Our staff will access the data and adequately prepare for your visit since all of the needs (dietary, medical, etc) are aggregated in this form.
Planning documents by date:
6 months before your trip
- Reservation Contract (to be provided by our group coordinator)
2-4 weeks before your trip
- Evening Activity Lesson Plans
- Proposed Schedule (to be provided by our group coordinator; email any changes or questions to the group coordinator within the week)
- Preview Dorm Room Layout
- Review and lead Pre-Trip Classroom Activities
- Review and print Trip Journal Pages
- Assign students and chaperones to KP Duty
- Assign chaperones to off time or dorm duty rotations
Distribute to students and parents:
Distribute to chaperones:
Medical Release & Liability Forms:
- Ensure all chaperones, teachers, & students have completed their forms
- Assign letter groups in the Google Sheet
- Assign dorm rooms in the Google Sheet
1 week before your trip
- Review Code of Conduct with students
- Review/set Dorm Rules with students
- Distribute What to Bring checklist to students’ families
- Trip Schedule and any other reminders
- Pre-trip Classroom Activities
Confirm with our group coordinator:
- Final numbers of students and adults
- Arrival and departure time