|Reports to:||Operations Director|
|Status:||Full-time or Part-time, non-exempt (hourly)|
|Salary:||Starting $14.00-$15.00 DOE|
|Posting date:||September 15, 2021|
Founded in 1978, Eagle Bluff is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. As a year-round residential environmental learning center, we provide accredited education programs and outdoor adventures to over 16,000 children, adults, and families each year. We are located in rural southeastern Minnesota, just a few miles from the small historic town of Lanesboro in Fillmore County. Through hands-on learning in nature, we aim for people to leave Eagle Bluff with experiences that stick with them and inspire them to become lifelong stewards of the environment. Providing guests with an outstanding overall experience is essential to the success of our programs.
Eagle Bluff provides overnight and day use experiences to schools, summer camps, and adult retreats on both weekdays and many weekends (especially in the summer). Our campus can accommodate 248 overnight guests, and includes 4 main buildings (dining hall, dormitory, classroom building, and office building). There are also 12 staff who live onsite in a private wing of the dormitory and participate in our Environmental Education training program.
We are seeking an individual to join our housekeeping team to clean and perform light maintenance of our dormitory, classroom building, and visitors center/office building. Candidates need to be capable of physical tasks like vacuuming, cleaning windows, bunk beds, lobbies, and bathroom facilities. Other duties may include mowing, snow removal, painting, and basic computer operations.
The culture of Eagle Bluff is centered around continuous improvement, flexibility, problem solving, and solution orientated mindsets. We are seeking a team member who embraces these qualities and will ensure all guests are treated in a hospitable and welcoming manner. An ideal candidate will have a variety of life experiences, patience, a sense of humor, and a desire to learn and work hard.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Move cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Sweep, mop, and scrub bare floors using brooms, vacuums, and mops.
- Clean rugs and carpets using vacuum cleaners and shampooers, including the dining hall floor.
- Clean public restrooms daily.
- Wash windows, walls, light fixtures, ceiling fans, ceilings, and woodwork, polishing as necessary.
- Dust window blinds.
- Distribute linens to dorm rooms as needed.
- Pick up dirty linens and sort, wash, dry, fold, and place in designated linen closet (not a frequent task).
- Fold blankets and return to the linen closet.
- Return and stack pillows to the linen closet.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Observe precautions required to protect staff and guest property and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
- Move and arrange furniture and turn mattresses.
- Assist with keeping outside sidewalks and steps shoveled/swept of snow, mud, grass, etc.
- Staff are occasionally asked to help in other departments.
- Represent Eagle Bluff with a positive, helpful attitude
- Communicating with Supervisor and Peers to make decisions and solve problems
- No prior experience in housekeeping required. Willing to train.
- Able to be flexible and work with interruptions in a positive manner and in an environment with a number of staff, students, and parents/guardians often present.
- Able to maintain self-control under stressful situations and workload pressures without exhibiting negative behaviors (e.g., loss of temper, rudeness, use of foul language, etc.)
- Must be available for flexible hours/schedules as needed by schedule.
- Maintain a positive attitude and style that contributes to the overall public relations of Eagle Bluff
- COVID-19, tetanus, and influenza vaccinations unless the employee has an exemption/reasonable accommodation due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- Experience in housekeeping.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Be on his/her feet for extended periods of time.
- Squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward.
- Use hand strength to grasp cleaning tools.
- Frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job.
- Push/pull items like the cleaning cart.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors. The employee will work with cleaning solvents and may be exposed to disease or infections. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with time constraints. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Compensation and benefits:
- Meals during work hours
- 7 paid holidays and 5 flex days
- Short Term Disability and life insurance
If over 30 hours a week:
- PTO beginning at 4 weeks
- The option to receive health insurance; Eagle Bluff pays 60% of the premium.
- Health Saving Account: If enrolled in an EB plan, Eagle Bluff will match up to $35 per paycheck.
- If the employee opts out of health insurance and enrolls in another/partner’s plan, Eagle Bluff will pay the employee up to $140 per month.
- Retirement accrual of 4% of gross wages
Eagle Bluff ELC
Attention: Colleen Foehrenbacher
28097 Goodview Dr.
Lanesboro, MN 55949
Eagle Bluff ELC does not sponsor work visas, thus, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify eligibility to work in the United States by completing the required I-9 form upon hire. Employment will require the selected candidate to pass all background, criminal record, fingerprinting, and reference checks.
Eagle Bluff ELC is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of their positions. The essential functions listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or other or which impose undue hardship on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.