|Department:||Development & Marketing|
|Reports to:||Executive Director|
|Status:||Exempt, 40 hours a week|
|Salary:||Starting $50,000- $52,000 plus benefits|
|Posting date:||November 2021|
Summary Job Description: Leads all organizational efforts to raise funds that support the programs and initiatives of Eagle Bluff. This includes prospecting, stewarding, and cultivating individual, corporate, and foundation gifts or grants, planned giving, annual fund coordination, and fundraising events; participates as a member of Eagle Bluff’s central management team. This position works closely with the Executive Director and Marketing Manager.
- Establish fundraising goals, objectives, and strategies for the organization in conjunction with the Executive Director and Board of Directors and implement an annual work plan to meet these goals. Evaluate fundraising activities on an ongoing basis.
- Lead prospect research and cultivation efforts. Support staff and board in pursuing potential sources of funding from individuals, government, public agencies, private foundations, and businesses to support Eagle Bluff’s budget.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with individuals, partner agencies, and stakeholders.
- Coordinate direct mail and fundraising campaigns.
- Oversee regular donor communications, including but not limited to newsletter, emails, annual report, and thank you cards.
- Chair annual Fundraising Banquet, coordinating the planning committee.
- Leverage Network for Good database to track and manage Eagle Bluff’s portfolio of donor relationships.
- Research grant opportunities and oversee writing of grant applications and reports, in collaboration with the Executive Director and Marketing Manager.
- Collaborate with the education department to promote an organization-wide spirit of philanthropy.
- Provide tools and leadership for staff and board members to engage a broad diversity of individuals in Eagle Bluff’s development program.
- Prepare quarterly board reports and attend Board of Directors meetings.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum three years of experience in not-for-profit fundraising or management preferred.
- Self-motivation, flexibility, enthusiasm, creativity, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with major donors that result in five-plus figure gifts.
- Excellent written communication skills; with successful grant writing skills a plus.
- Strong team player with commitment to Eagle Bluff’s mission.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills with ability to effectively engage key prospects and current donors.
- Past experience working on a capital campaign is a plus.
- Must clear background check.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
This position has the option for a hybrid work model which can include working from home for a portion of the week and onsite at Eagle Bluff in Lanesboro, MN. For at home work, the employee must supply their own computer, printer, and internet connection. Eagle Bluff will supply letterhead stationery and envelopes. Printer paper, ink, and postage are reimbursable. When working at Eagle Bluff, all the resources of the office are available.
Communication, detecting, traversing, and operating skills are needed. The physical demands of this job will vary but typically require:
- Remaining stationary for extended periods of time while using a computer
- Constant movement and use of limbs including but not limited to typing, bending, pushing, and pulling
- Frequent communication (speaking and hearing) and information exchange on phones, in-person, and occasionally over radio.
- Frequently uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machine.
First review of applications will begin on December 21, 2021. To apply, submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail:
Eagle Bluff ELC
Attention: Colleen Foehrenbacher
28097 Goodview Dr.
Lanesboro, MN 55949
Eagle Bluff ELC does not sponsor work visas, thus, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify eligibility to work in the United States by completing the required I-9 form upon hire. Employment will require the selected candidate to pass all background, criminal record, fingerprinting, reference checks
Eagle Bluff ELC is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of their positions. The essential functions listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or other or which impose undue hardship on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.