|Reports to:||Executive Director|
|Status:||Exempt, 36-40 hours a week|
|Salary:||Starting $40,000- $42,000 plus benefits|
|Posting date:||April 22, 2021|
Summary: Oversees the financial operations of the organization; acts as lead office administrator; acts as lead Human Resources Administrator; maintains the essential records of the company for safekeeping; works with staff and managers to ensure that resources are being allocated and accounted for; and liaises with outside representatives.
50% – Finances
- Manages the day to day finances of the organization, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, chart of accounts, banking, and delegate these activities as directed by the Board Treasurer or Executive Director & Deputy Director. Reconcile bank deposits.
- Lead and oversee financial and business operations with functional responsibilities over accounting, general ledger, banking, and capital assets.
- Prepare, analyze, and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Analyze finances and generate reports as instructed by the Board Treasurer, Executive Director, & Deputy Director.
- Act as the primary point person with our outside payroll and HR management group, SmartHR.
- Maintain a proper system of internal controls to ensure the proper recording of financial activity and to protect organizational assets.
- Works with the Board Treasurer and serves as a member of the Financial Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Works with our outside audit firm to conduct an annual audit of the organization.
40% – Administration
- Answer and direct phone calls to the proper staff person. Respond to general Eagle Bluff questions (giving directions, providing information about our campus, and helping people register for events, etc.)
- When possible, greet visitors to the Schroeder building and answer questions.
- Maintain company documents, records, and legal documents in a secure, accessible place.
- Act as the primary point of contact for workers compensation reporting/filing of claims.
- Manage lost and found:
- Communicate lost and found protocols to staff
- Return items to visitors via mail
- After one month, go through items and sort for distribution (either our gear closet, staff, or to donate/throw away)
- Return mail to previous staff.
- Monitor office supply levels and purchase items as needed.
- Be the main point of contact for:
- Postage meter
- Phone System
- G-suite email system
- Attend and participate in management meetings as instructed by the Executive Director.
- Perform any additional duties as requested by the Executive Director.
10% – Human Resources
- Responsible for Human Resource administrative functions, including insurance enrollment, retirement plan enrollment, COBRA, workman’s comp, and unemployment reporting.
- Assist managers in preparing new staff on-boarding documents.
- Acts as Human Resources Administrator for Eagle Bluff and is the first point of contact for staff for personnel matters.
- Maintains personnel files and ensures that they are kept up to date, confidential, and only accessible to authorized staff. Ensures that files are maintained in a secure place.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Formal education in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of three years experience in management of financial and administrative operations, preferably in a non-profit setting with non-profit finance.
- Strong financial management and accounting background with experience implementing internal financial policies and controls.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to learn a new accounting software and with Microsoft programs
- Self-motivation, flexibility, enthusiasm, creativity, and organizational skills
- Experience with multiple line phone systems and professional phone speaking skills.
- Must clear background check.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Frequently uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machine.
Communication, detecting, traversing, and operating skills are needed. The physical demands of this job will vary but typically require:
- Remaining stationary for extended periods of time while using a computer
- Constant movement and use of limbs including but not limited to typing, bending, pushing, and pulling
- Frequent communication (speaking and hearing) and information exchange on phones, in-person, and occasionally over radio.
First review of applications will begin on May 6, 2021. To apply, submit cover letter specifying qualifications and resume to email@example.com or by mail:
Eagle Bluff ELC
Attention: Colleen Foehrenbacher
28097 Goodview Dr.
Lanesboro, MN 55949
Eagle Bluff ELC does not sponsor work visas, thus, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify eligibility to work in the United States by completing the required I-9 form upon hire. Employment will require the selected candidate to pass all background, criminal record, fingerprinting, reference checks
Eagle Bluff ELC is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of their positions. The essential functions listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or other or which impose undue hardship on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.